Contract UNICEF Vacancy: Emergency Nutrition Consultant, HAWASSA, Ethiopia
Join Our List Get Jobs on Email ስራዎች በኢሜይል እንዲመጣልዎ ይመዝገቡ
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Emergency Nutrition Consultant ( 11.5 months) (( SNNPR/HAWASSA, Ethiopia) ( Open for Ethiopian Nationals)
Job no: 515091
Position type: Consultancy
Division/Equivalent: Nairobi Regn’l(ESARO)
Department/Office: Awasa, Ethiopia
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a chance to thrive
UNICEF is looking for a professional to support ongoing humanitarian nutrition response in the SNNP region
Get Jobs on Email. Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get latest jobs and updates on your email.
How can you make a difference?
- Constantly monitor the current conflict emergency (and new crises if any) in the region through conducting frequent field visits and rapid assessment if needed; support development of effective response plans.
- Ensure UNICEF resources (supply and budget) are timely disbursed, properly utilized with end user monitoring and reporting.
- Ensure nutrition interventions are effective and aligned to the national and international standards.
- Ensure CMAM program is implemented with quality according to set standards and protocols and focusing on emergency priority woredas. Build the capacity of the zonal and woreda health offices to provide supportive supervision and on the job mentoring of health workers and health extension workers on CMAM; woreda health offices to manage and utilize CMAM data to monitor trends, performance and trigger response needs.
- Provide technical support for the capacity building trainings organized by UNICEF and RHB
- Ensure IYCF programme is being implemented using GMP as an entry point. As such, ensure that GMP is being conducted and information generated and reported reflecting actual implementation at Health Post (HP) level. Provide support in enhancing the supervision skills for Woreda Health Officers and PHCUs and proper implementation of GMP and reporting for HEWs.
- Provide weekly/bi-weekly situation update and monthly progress reports to UNICEF (FO Nutrition Specialist)
- Ensure the correct distribution/ requests and use of the Ready-to-Use Therapeutic Food (RUTF), therapeutic milks (F-75 & F-100) and antibiotics. To ensure proper supplies management and avoiding supplies stock out at HP and HC level and to submit timely requests based on actual client flow in the CMAM (through the appropriate supply delivery/ request system in the region).
- Ensure that the RHB and ENCU collect and compile the CMAM programme data and nutrition screening data within the given time, analysis made to understand the situation focusing on hotspot woredas and IDP affected woredas and report shared to UNICEF and RHB.
- Closely work with CMAM monitors, review their reports, analyze trends and give feedback on recommendations to Nutrition specialist at the SNNPR FO.Â
- Regularly update training database, CMAM capacity mapping database, and produce intervention scales and gaps.
- Execute other tasks as relevant, based on the evolving emergency situation.
The consultant will be stationed in UNICEF SNNPR field Office and report to the Nutrition Specialist and closely work with Nutrition PO, CMAM monitors and RHB nutrition team in supporting Health Offices
- Weekly/Bi-weekly situation report
- Monthly summary and analysis of screening and TFP reports with feedback and key recommendations, regular communication maintained with the RENCU on the screening and TFP databases
- Quality trip reports generated and shared timely with the Nutrition specialist
- CMAM training database on monthly basis and CMAM mapping updated and shared on quarterly basis.
- Monthly progress report as per the response plan prepared by SNNPR FO
- University degree in Nutrition or public health
- A minimum of three years of professional experience in emergency nutrition (Management of Severe Acute Malnutrition and Moderate Acute Malnutrition, Infant and Young Child Feeding, and Micronutrients Supplementation) or related field.
- Experience in NGO partner is an asset.
- Proven ability to work in a team in close collaboration with government counterparts.
- Fluency in English and Amharic is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The technical competencies required for this post are….
View our competency framework at
See How To Apply Below
When you apply please notify that you found this job on AddisJobs.net
How to Apply
Advertised: E. Africa Standard Time Application close: E. Africa Standard Time
88 total views, 1 today