Contract UNICEF Vacancy: Information Management Specialist
Join Our List Get Jobs on Email ስራዎች በኢሜይል እንዲመጣልዎ ይመዝገቡ
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
UNICEF is looking for a seasoned professional for the provision of a variety of specialized tasks in finance functions, ensuring accurate and timely delivery that follows UNICEF financial rules and regulations, whilst demonstrating the capacity to research, adapt and evaluate irregular cases, and to recommend improvements to process delivery and design. If you have the required profile, you are highly encouraged to apply. Taking up this assignment is motivating and rewarding.
UNICEF Vacancy: Information Management Specialist, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Job no: 512351
Position type: Temporary Appointment
Division/Equivalent: Nairobi Regn’l(ESARO)
Department/Office: Oromiya (Addis Ababa Zone), Ethiopia
Categories: Emergency Programme
Get Jobs on Email. Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get latest jobs and updates on your email.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
The Emergency Information Management Specialist will work under the general guidance of the Chief of Field Office, UNICEF Oromia Region to improve the use and analysis of available situational and response data; improve humanitarian performance monitoring and reporting through integrated and strengthened data management; and increase efficiencies and reduce staff reporting burden through integrated data management standardization and automation of outputs and information products.
The Emergency Information Management Specialist will work with sectoral emergency focal points within the Oromia Field Office and Addis Ababa, Field Operations and Emergency Unit.
How can you make a difference?
The key functions and accountabilities for this position are:
- Information Management
- Maintain a database to track core humanitarian indicators in Oromia Region.
- Develop snapshots for internal and external purposes, develop maps to support UNICEF’s programming and that of our partners and build the capacity of the emergency team in Oromia Region to collect, record, collate and analyze data.
- Provide quality assurance of all field monitoring and results to Addis including Situation Reports working closely with sections.
- With IM colleagues in UNICEF, clusters and partners support an IM network as part of emergency preparedness and risk informed programming.
- Identification and reporting of any gaps in emergency assistance to the emergency team.
- Maintain an archive electronically of useful tools, information, studies, publications etc and make available to UNICEF staff as required.
- Support the design and implementation of UNICEF’s data management strategy
- Review humanitarian planning and programme documents, identify the information and knowledge management needs in consultation with the emergency team and jointly propose innovative measures and activities to address identified needs and gaps.
- Advise and provide technical input to design and implement data collection mechanisms and related analysis to ensure the situation of the most vulnerable children is continuously and strategically monitored.
- Liaise with other IM’s, Emergency IM Specialists (Somali / Addis) on technical issues and disseminate / incorporate best practices.
- Data analysis and mapping
- Provide data analysis on survey data and other data received. Use this data to support the preparation of regular reports, including the Situation Report for the Ethiopia Humanitarian response, donor proposals and programme analysis as needed.
- Support the emergency team, Oromia and Field Operation, Emergency Unit in the analysis of data and information and perform data quality and consistency control, ensuring harmonization of humanitarian performance monitoring with the regular programme.
- Regularly participate in the implementation of monitoring missions as required, gathering information to be included in reports.
- Leverage Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for map production and geographic data management while promoting data standards and harmonized management of geographic data / information.
- Provide information management services to support population data management, including population estimation, information flows from established systems, and movement tracking.
- Provide technical guidance on information and knowledge management systems to promote the use of evidence to inform policy and decision making.
- Capacity building
- Develop and implement capacity building plan around data and information management, monitoring, and innovative, creative and effective ways of data gathering, analysis and visualization for UNICEF staff and partners as required.
- Support and capacitate regional, woreda authorities to organize information, manage information, analyze, monitor and report on the humanitarian situation and interventions in the region.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in computer science or related field such as information systems, information and communication technology, library or geographic sciences, or engineering highly desirable. Education in other areas will be considered with proven and relevant professional work experience.*A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- A minimum of Five years of relevant professional experience in the field of data and information management systems and data analysis and reporting.
- Proven technical experience in development and use of innovative technology, particularly in the areas of data, humanitarian performance monitoring, use of mobiles and open source, and training in the related field is highly desirable.
- Knowledge and experience in using Adobe and ArcGIS are highly desirable.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The technical competencies required for this post are….
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: May 08 2018 E. Africa Standard Time
Application close: May 21 2018 E. Africa Standard Time
See How To Apply Below
When you apply please notify that you found this job on AddisJobs.net
How to ApplyUNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization. Remarks: Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process. Advertised: May 08 2018 E. Africa Standard Time Application close: May 21 2018 E. Africa Standard Time
82 total views, 1 today