Full-TimeSenior Technical Advisor, Health Financing – Ethiopia
This position is contingent upon project award and funding.
MSH seeks a Senior Technical Advisor (STA) in Health Financing for an anticipated health system strengthening project. This project will aim to improve the performance of the existing system with the goal of improving delivery of efficient, effective, and equitable primary care. The STA has overall responsibility for planning and coordinating project activities in Ethiopia. S/he provides technical leadership and managerial oversight for the project activities in the country. S/he develops technical strategies and work plans and budgets and ensures that these effectively address priority needs in support of the health system in Ethiopia.
The STA will have responsibility to ensure implementation of financial mechanisms such as Performance Based Financing (PBF), Community Based Health Insurance and financial planning. S/he will play a system strengthening role in relation to community health care centers and the delivery of primary care. S/He will participate in community and facility based costing exercises with respect to efficiency of health financing mechanisms.
- Work closely with the Project Director to organize, staff, and manage technical activities.
- Collaborate with the Project Director to update the work plans and budgets on a quarterly basis.
- Provide direct in-country technical assistance to the ministry of health and to partners, as appropriate within areas of expertise.
- Act as focal point on project activities in country to the ministry of health and to donor.
- Coordinate with the Project Director to identify the need for external consultants, and to organize and manage activities related to the provision of short-term technical assistance. Define scopes of work (SOW) for short-term technical assistance and obtain necessary approvals as required.
- Coordinate the implementation of project activities and staff at regional level.
- Supervise the technical work of MSH staff, collaborating partners, and consultants and assess their performance. Ensure the consistency and high quality of the technical work carried out under the project.
- Regularly produce reports documenting technical assistance activities and associated results and communicate achievements to collaborating institutions, other in country partners, donors and MSH headquarters.
- Oversee finances and cash flow and ensure adequate availability of funds to carry out project activities.
- Identify staffing needs, and coordinate the recruitment process for additional staff with the Project Director as needed.
- Create a mechanism for regular sharing of information on project activities with the donor, Project Director, the public sector collaborating institutions, cooperating agencies and other partners.
- Ensure effective communications within the in-country team. Establish adequate coordinating and supervision mechanisms inside the country office in order to ensure that the office functions in a participatory, collegial environment, where staff is properly mentored and responsibilities assigned according to capacity and professional growth.
Get Latest Jobs on your e-mail
- Master’s degree in health economics, business, or finance or a related advanced degree relevant to the field of public health
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience and progressively increasing responsibility in the area of health care financing related to health care service delivery, particularly at the primary health care level in developing countries.
- Strong leadership, analytical, and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team. Demonstrated skill in quickly assessing priorities and opportunities and managing a variety of activities with attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with donor, project stakeholders, in-country collaborators, and staff at all levels of the organization.
- Strategic thinker with people skills and managerial, coordination, and organizational skills. Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Willingness to travel extensively within Ethiopia.
See How To Apply Below
When you apply please notify you found this job on AddisJobs.net
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces.
How to Apply
Apply by 31 December 2012
To apply for this position, please submit a resume to https://jobs-msh.icims.com/jobs/5585/senior-technical-advisor%252c-health-financing/job.
For more information about MSH, please visit our web site at www.msh.org. If you cannot apply online or have difficulty doing so, please email an explanation of your problem to iRecruiterproblem@msh.org.
794 total views, 1 today