ContractSecurity Group Leader in Addis Ababa
The Position: The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) is recruiting a Security Group Leader position who will be based in Addis Ababa and who will be a member of the Security Unit in ILRI-Ethiopia.
General: ILRI works with partners worldwide to enhance the roles that livestock play in food security and poverty alleviation, principally in Africa and Asia. The outcomes of these research partnerships help people in developing countries keep their farm animal alive and productive, increase and sustain their livestock and farm productivity, find profitable markets for their animal products, and reduce the risk of livestock-related diseases.
A member of the CGIAR Consortium working for a food-secure future, ILRI has its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya, a principal campus in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, and offices in other countries in East, West and Southern Africa (Mali, Mozambique and Nigeria) and in South Asia (India and Sri Lanka), Southeast Asia (Laos, Thailand and Vietnam) and East Asia (China). www.ilri.org.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Safeguards ILRI’s physical resources;
- Assists with the day to day performance management of contracted security guards;
- Ensures that all security equipment is used effectively and snags in equipment, fencing, lighting, CCTV cameras are rectified promptly;
- Manages access and egress control;
- Investigates all security-related incidents involving ILRI staff members, eligible dependents and other campus users and report to the Chief Security Officer;
- Assists the Chief Security Officer with the residential security assessments and surveys, both routine and ad hoc.
- Maintains up to date the security reporting system, in particular incident reports and ensures the notification of the same to the Chief Security Officer;
- Contributes to/ participates in the preparation of vital security documents;
- Participates in the implementation and evaluation of the effectiveness of the security plans and suggest improvements;
- Conducts one on one security induction and briefing on office and residential security measures to new junior staff and contracted security staff;
- Liaises with local authorities on security matters;
- Assesses prevailing local security conditions – potential security problems, and alerts the Chief Security Officer so that he communicates the same to ILRI staff, dependents and campus users;
- Ensures security standards and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are followed by other outsourced companies and contractors like Travel, Taxi etc;
- Contributes to emergency and operational security communications;
- Performs other security related duties as assigned.
Get Latest Jobs on your e-mail
- Diploma from a recognized university/college in related field
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Appropriate training in armed or police force/security organization
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good skills of Fire Fighting and First Aid
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Licensed to drive light vehicles
- Other international language will be advantageous
- Basic Microsoft Office Skills
Duty Station: Addis Ababa.
Job level: 2A.
Monthly Base Salary: Birr 9,402 (Negotiable depending on experience, skill and salary history of
Terms of appointment: This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position, initial appointment is for three years with the possibility of renewal, contingent upon individual performance and the availability of funding. The ILRI remuneration package for nationally recruited staff in Ethiopia includes very competitive salary and benefits such as life and medical insurance, offshore pension plan, etc.
The ILRI campus is set in a secure, attractive campus on the outskirts of Addis Ababa. Dining and sports facilities are located on site.
See How To Apply Below
When you apply please notify you found this job on AddisJobs.net
How to ApplyApplications: Applicants should provide a cover letter and curriculum vitae; names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to be included in the curriculum vitae. The position and reference number: REF: SGL/17/16 should be clearly indicated in the subject line of the cover letter. All applications to be submitted online on our recruitment portal: Click Here to Apply on or before 23 May 2016.
850 total views, 1 today