Full-Time Realty Assistant Job at US Embassy Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Join Our List Get Jobs on Email ስራዎች በኢሜይል እንዲመጣልዎ ይመዝገቡ
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
The U.S. Mission in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Realty Assistant. New job opening at US Embassy Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|U.S. Mission||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Announcement Number:||Addis Ababa-2018-029|
|Position Title:||Realty Assistant|
|Opening Period:||June 14, 2018 – June 28, 2018|
|Series/Grade:||LE- 0820, FSN-08|
|Salary:||(USD) 12,133 – (USD) 21,829 per yearFP is 06. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.|
|For More Info:||Human Resources Office: HROaddisababa@state.gov or byPhone: 251-11-130-60-00 Ext: 6383
|Who May Apply:||All Interested Applicants / All Sources|
|Security Clearance Required:||Local Security Certification or a Public Trust Security Clearance will be required if offered the job. No security clearance information is necessary at the time of application|
|Duration of Appointment:||Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period.|
|Marketing Statement:||We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before apply.(https://careers.state.gov/downloads/files/eight-qualities-of-overseas-employees)
|Summary:||The U.S. Mission in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Realty Assistant|
|Work schedule:||Full Time – 40 hours per week|
|Start Date:||Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end|
|Duties:||Under direct supervision of the Housing Coordinator, the incumbent shall identify potential residences for lease for the Embassy through contacts, real estate brokers and advertisements. Prepares leases and drafts waiver requests as necessary. Ensures that current status of all lease files and RPA are maintained accurately. Works with the Financial Management Office in planning quarterly leasehold funding requirements. Serves as backup to the Housing Coordinator in his/her absence. Serves as COR on the residential gardening contract. The incumbent is responsible for supervising five (5) Realty Clerks.|
Qualifications and Evaluations
Education: Completion of a college diploma or two years university study in Business or Management or equivalent is required.
Prior Work Experience: Minimum of three years’ experience in Office Management or administrative work is required. Six months of this experience must be in realty management.
Get Jobs on Email. Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get latest jobs and updates on your email.
- Post Entry Training: On-the-job training provided by the Housing Coordinator and S/GSO in USG specific requirements, post specific requirements, DOS real estate regulations, section 15 FAM, and post housing policy.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of housing leases, housing regulations, local real estate market, effective administrative procedures, knowledge of the city and preferred residential areas.
LANGUAGE: English and Amharic language level 4 (fluent) reading/writing/speaking is required. (English Language will be tested)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Ability to work with minimum supervision to manage all required tasks, ability to prioritize, ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing, ability to interact positively with a wide variety of individuals in and out of the Embassy. Ability to organize paper flow and maintain schedules, ability to operate office applications including Microsoft Word and Excel. Basic key boarding skills and basic MS office suite knowledge. (This may be tested)
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
If an applicant with a disability needs assistance with the application and/or hiring process, including any applicable tests or interview, please contact:
BENEFITS: Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Addis Ababa/Ethiopia may receive a compensation package that could include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link:
See How To Apply Below
When you apply please notify that you found this job on AddisJobs.net
How to ApplyHow to Apply: All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local Security Certification or Public Trust security clearance. Applicants must submit a Universal Application for Employment (DS-174) which is available on HR/OE Intranet Site. To apply for this position, applicants should electronically (or otherwise) submit the documents listed below:
|SUBMIT APPLICATION TOU.S. Embassy Human Resources Office P.O. Box: 1014 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia Preferred method of sending applications is by email E-Mail: HROaddisababa@state.gov||POINT OF CONTACTHuman Resources Office Telephone: 251-11-130-60-00, Ext. 6383 E-Mail: HROaddisababa@state.gov FAX: 251-11-124-24-03|
- DS-174 (US Embassy application form)
- Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed (e.g. transcripts, degrees, certificates, work experience documents, etc.)
- Driver’s License (if applicable) this should only be included for positions requiring it
- Certificate or License (if applicable)
- Letter(s) of recommendation (if available)
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Passport copy
- Degree (not transcript)
- Language Scores (if available)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
44 total views, 2 today