Contract Project Support Officer
United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity
Background Information – UNOPS
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner. Within these three core areas of expertise, UNOPS provides its partners with advisory, implementation and transactional services, with projects ranging from building schools and hospitals, to procuring goods and services and training local personnel. UNOPS works closely with governments and communities to ensure increased economic, social and environmental sustainability for the projects we support, with a focus on developing national capacity. Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices in development, humanitarian and peace building contexts, always satisfying or surpassing partner expectations. We employ more than 6,000 personnel and on behalf of our partners create thousands more work opportunities in local communities. Through our headquarters in Copenhagen, Denmark and a network of offices, we oversee activities in more than 80 countries.
Background Information – Job-specific
The UNOPS Ethiopia Office has in the recent past signed MOUs with Government Ministries and other UN agencies to implement projects on Infrastructure,Procurement and Human Resources Management. In order to efficiently and effectively serve our partners with due regard to corporate standards and policies, the UNOPS Ethiopia office is in need of an experienced Project Support Officer. The Project Support Officer will work under the direct supervision of the Head of Program in UNOPS Ethiopia Office. S/he will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following functions and responsibilities:
Project Formulation and Approval
- Assist the Head of Programme (HoP) and Project Managers (PM) in reviewing proposals with emphasis on support elements in accordance with UNOPS Policies and Procedures;
- Participate in meetings and negotiations with donors and partners along with the HoP/PM or as advised by the HoP/PM;
- Provide substantive inputs and assist the PMs in the preparation/finalization of documents for PAC approval, ie MOA’s,Letters of Agreement or Exchange of Letters (EOL) with clients,
- Project Document, Detailed Project Budget,and Scope of Work.
- Finalize Project LEADs.
- Review operational budget formats (ATLAS) in accordance with the UNOPS financial management system and ensure accuracy of support documents for approval
- Proactively coordinate and liaise with IPAS/HQ on project acceptance, budget revisions and rephasals.
- In Coordination with the ETPC Head of Support Services (HoSS) and the HoP advise the PM on UNOPS Policies and Procedures,Financial Rules and Regulations (FR&R) and other requirements
for efficient project implementation and progress;
- Track activity funds availability upon the submission of requisitions.
- Track and advise PMs when required to revise budgets (realignment and amendment);
- Notify PMs of best practices and innovative approaches within UNOPS FR&R; identify and show alternative options according to Activity needs.
- Managing information flows and overseeing change controls, risk registers and issue management; document and feedback lessons learned and best practices to the Head of Programme
- Supporting the project planning process;
- Maintenance of all supporting project financial documents for audit and review processes;
- Management of ETPC projects and/or work packages as required;
- Continuous monitoring of the project quality indicators and monthly health check of the supported projects to the Project Manager
Coordination and Liaison
- Coordinate with HoSS on contract management,especially for subcontracting, ie issue of Contracts for Works and Services
- Proactively coordinate/liaise with HoSS on all admin matters related to contract management, project acceptance, Agreements( MOU/MOA), and support business acquisition;
Operational and Logistic Support
- In consultation with the PM, donors and partners, prepare amendments of Agreements and Budget revisions when applicable;
- Review input of financial information,expenditures etc in ATLAS.
- Ensure conformity of project disbursement requests with procedures, work plans, and availability of resources for expenditure;
- Support development and maintenance of ATLAS based management information systems to ensure real time tracking and asset management of multiple donor activities;
- Receive and review Request for Personnel Action (RPA) forms to confirm availability of funds and verification of corresponding Certificate of Approval (CoA) prior to HoSS for final review and approval;
- Assist the PMs in preparation of Terms of Reference (ToR) for required inputs in the projects (staff, individual and institutional consultancy services, procurement of goods and services, design of grant funds, organizationof training, seminars, etc.), with expert and/or client support as required;Coordination and participation in recruitment processes together with the HumanResources Unit,including but not limited to preparation of Interview Minutes, Request of Award, issuance ofpersonnel contract and contract management and administration;
- Review and amend the HR staffing plan as required.
- Providing induction briefings to newlyrecruited staff and render support to consultants in the course of their assignment;
- Supervise and review submissions for Contracts, Purchase orders, Waivers and related documents prior to final approval;
- Maintain records of project files and Activity reports in hard and soft copy.
- Prepare budget forecast and periodic financial reports for the Management and donors.
- Review weekly Activity reports and quarterly financial reports with respect to outputs based on work plans and budget forecasts.
- Alert PM on shortfalls and over expenditure of operating costs.
- Liaise with finance and logistics/procurement cells in tracking commitments and disbursements.
- Coordinate with the Logistic officer on all transport, inventory and procurement issues in for direct support of the project and in support of PM.
- Provide training support to regional offices and personnel in support services to ensure compliance with FRR and procurements procedures;
- Participate in periodic visits to the project sites, and any sub-offices to review compliance with recognized procedures.
- Establish and monitor an internal control system.
- Assist the PMs in preparation of completion reports, clearance of ARL’s and handover of assets, with specific focus on Audit requirements to ensure the contractual obligations are fulfilled and if necessary arrange for independent project evaluations.
- Ensure final reports and lessons learned are shared with AM’s and project staff where appropriate.
- Review documentation for handover or disposal of assets ensuring appropriate approvals are obtained.
- Ensure detailed coordination between support services and in support of PM.
- Draft project internal directives in accordance with ETPC and UNOPS rules for submission by the PMs.
- Ensure detailed coordination between support services and ETPC support sections to ensure compliance with internal directives and procedures.
- Attend coordination meetings when requested;
- Coordinate and host donor and official site visits.
Perform other duties as assigned by Head of Programe Competencies
UNOPS Core Values/Competencies
- Respect for diversity
- Creativity and innovation
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Excellent analytical skills
- Planning and organization skills
- Results orientation
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Teamwork skills
- Client orientation
- Technological awareness
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Promotes a knowledge-sharing and learning culture in the office
- In-depth knowledge of development issues
- Ability to advocate and provide policy advice
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting
- Ability to lead implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development programmes and projects,
- Ability to lead implementation of new systems (business side), and affect staff behavioral/ attitudinal change
Management and Leadership
- Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Leads teams effectively and shows conflict resolution skills
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Builds strongrelationships with clients and external actors
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Education:- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in Accounting, Business Administration, Management, Finance or related field. A first (Bachelors) degree in a relevant discipline plus an additional two years of work experience is acceptable in lieu of an Advanced University Degree;
- Experience:- At least 5 years (in possession of an Advanced University Degree) or 7 years (in possession of Bachelor’s degree) of progressively responsible experience in project/programme support services covering client relations, administrative and financial management,procurement, human resources, and logistics, preferably in an international organization;
- Language:-Fluency in written and oral English. Knowledge of second UN working languagedesirable.
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time (CET)
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- For staff positions UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
Get Jobs on Email. Join our list | አዳዲስ ስራዎች በኢሜይል እንዲመጣልዎ ይመዝገቡ
Subscribe to our mailing list and get Latest Jobs on your email.
See How To Apply Below
When you apply please notify you found this job on AddisJobs.net
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
How to Applyhttps://gprs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=4479
2320 total views, 1 today