Full-Time PEPFAR Senior Technical Advisor – U.S. Embassy Jobs
PEPFAR Senior Technical Advisor
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: 40-2016
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: PEPFAR Senior Technical Advisor
OPENING DATE: June 9, 2016
CLOSING DATE: June 23, 2016
WORK HOURS: Full-time (40 hours/week)
SALARY: Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN-11 Starting Salary – 20,658.00 USD per year
Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): FP- 4
*Final grade/step for NORs will be determined by Washington.
NOTE: For ordinarily resident employees, salary will be paid in local currency using the established exchange rate.
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS (See Appendix A for definition) MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Mission Addis Ababa is seeking an individual for employment in country for the position of PEPFAR Senior Technical Advisor within in the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) Office of the Embassy.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
The PEPFAR Senior Technical Advisor under the direct supervision the PEPFAR Coordinator or Acting PEPFAR Coordinator will provide high quality and sustained technical assistance in the development and implementation of strategic information systems to support successful implementation of the United States Government’s (USG) President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) program in Ethiopia. S/he will serve as the principal field counterpart to headquarters SI Advisor and will act as the liaison between the PEPFAR Coordination Office and the SI Technical Working Group. The Senior Technical Officer will support the full mandate of the PEPFAR Ethiopia Coordination Office (PECO) and will work closely with the PEPFAR Country Coordinator / Deputy Coordinator to ensure full communications between and among the various USG agencies involved in the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) in Ethiopia. The Senior Technical Officer will be will be responsible for reporting on progress toward achieving PEPFAR targets, communicating strategic information to the broader team to inform PEPFAR programming, and will support both internal and external capacity for using strategic information in combating HIV/AIDS in Ethiopia.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. Education: A Master’s degree in public health, epidemiology, social or behavioral sciences, or public policy is required
2. Experience: Five years’ experience managing public health or other social sector programs (of total years of experience, at least three years managing an HIV/AIDS program is required and at least two years related to monitoring and evaluation of HIV/AIDS and/ or health programs is required).
3. Language: Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading of English is required. (English language proficiency will be tested.)
4. Skills and Abilities: Ability to make clear, convincing presentations, explain and justify recommendations and represent the PEPFAR Coordination Office. By providing guidance and advising team members on SI related matters. Knowledge, principles concepts, methods and techniques of public health informatics to analyze, evaluate, and provide expert advice on critical and complex issues. Ability to multitask and manage multiple complex processes projects and timelines, Demonstrated ability to communicate both orally and in writing to make clear, convincing arguments, Highly level of knowledge in MS Excel spreadsheets, pivot tables, and web-based data applications. Evidence of excellent interpersonal, facilitation and team building skills/experience and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
5. Job Knowledge: Technical experience and knowledge of program monitoring and evaluation is required. Technical knowledge of HIV/AIDS is required. Previous experience with PEPFAR programming in Ethiopia.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained by E-Mail: HROaddisababa@state.gov or by Phone: 251-11-130-60-00 Ext: 6383).
When qualified, applicants who are U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and/or preference-eligible U.S. Veterans are given a preference in hiring. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants make themselves known as having a hiring preference and specifically address the required qualifications above in their application.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM/USEFM who is also a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
- AEFM/USEFM who is not a preference –eligible U.S. Veteran
- FS on Leave Without Pay
Get Jobs on Email. Join our list | አዳዲስ ስራዎች በኢሜይል እንዲመጣልዎ ይመዝገቡ
Subscribe to our mailing list and get Latest Jobs on your email.
See How To Apply Below
When you apply please notify you found this job on AddisJobs.net
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
- Management may consider the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
- Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
- Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a security clearance.
How to ApplyApplicants must submit the following documents to be considered:
- Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174);
- Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirement listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)
- Download Job Application Form (PDF 176 KB)
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Human Resources Office
P.O. Box: 1014
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Preferred method of sending applications is by email
Click Apply Online below to apply or use. HROaddisababa@state.gov
POINT OF CONTACT
Human Resources Office
Telephone: 251-11-130-60-00, Ext. 6383
2449 total views, 1 today