Full-Time Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Being an employee of the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) in Ethiopia the M&E Officer is expected to represent NRC in a responsible manner and always act in accordance with NRC’s Code of Conduct.
Get Jobs on Email. Join our list | አዳዲስ ስራዎች በኢሜይል እንዲመጣልዎ ይመዝገቡ
Subscribe to our mailing list and get Latest Jobs on your email.
See How To Apply Below
When you apply please notify you found this job on AddisJobs.net
The M&E Officer will support the implementation of M&E processes by undertaking 3 core functions. 1. Create, maintain, and train on M&E systems and procedures. This includes the use of mobile data collection, complaints/feedback mechanisms, reporting procedures and other M&E processes. 2. Surge Capacity for Program Staff on M&E: The responsibility for monitoring and evaluation first rests with program staff. However, the M&E Officer will provide surge capacity where needed to design, supervisor, or report on M&E activities. 3. Aggregate cross program reports and data: He/she supports the Area Manager and other program staffs in providing inputs to project proposals and report writing.
- Generic Responsibilities:
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines;
- Implement delegated CC project portfolio according to plan of action;
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management;
- Ensure proper filing of documents;
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist;
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Specific Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the country M&E Framework is implemented as per country M&E SOPs;
- Compile and update regularly area level monthly output tracking sheet, online reporting, GORS and balanced score cards (BSC);
- Implement a Complaints Response and Feedback Mechanism for all programs by creating compliant database;
- Actively participate in project proposal development and provide inputs on project targets setting and logical framework development;
- Make sure project information are disaggregated area, core competency, gender, type of beneficiaries (IDP, refugees, host community, returnee etc);
- Support the preparation of detailed implementation plans and M&E matrix for all programs;
- Support all programs to undertake regular program monitoring including establishing baselines, documenting progress, conducting post distribution monitoring and end line survey;
- Provide M&E technical assistance to program staffs on NRC M&E policy and guidance;
- Prepare area level quality reports, with input from program staff and on behalf of the Area Manager/Head of Office periodic cross program reports including the bi-weekly/monthly report and the balanced score card;
- Support the role out of digital data collection using mobile phones;
- Support and participate in assessments of new areas or programs.
- University degree preferably in Social Sciences, Statistics, Economics or other relevant discipline.
- At least 3 years’ work experience on monitoring and evaluation in field of humanitarian/development project.
- NGO experience is preferable.
- Social sciense
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of data collection and data collection instruments (technology);
- Exposure to a wide range of information management systems related to humanitarian/development and/or operational (e.g construction activities);
- Experience in community social work;
- Good report writing and communication skills;
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Knowledge about own skills/profile;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong analysis skills (qualitative and qualitative data analysis);
- Excellent one to one and group communication /information presentation skills;
- Experience in training and capacity building in M&E mechanisms at various project levels;
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities;
- Experience working with statistical computer software packages (SPSS, Stata) and advanced skills in spread sheet;
- Goal oriented with ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Knowledge of the context in which the organization operates;
- Knowledge of the local language (Somali) – as an advantage;
- Experience with implementation of project start-up and exit strategy.
- Behavioral competencies
- Handling insecure environment;
- Planning and delivering results;
- Empowering and building trust;
- Communicating with impact and respect.
- Commencement: ASAP, shortlisting and Interviews will continue as applications are received
- Contract period: 6 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions
- Duty station: NRC Ethiopia Shinille
How to ApplyInterested and qualified applicants should submit their application at below link. Click Here to Apply for this Job
984 total views, 1 today