Full-TimeMonitoring and Evaluation Officer
Being an employee of the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) in Ethiopia the M&E Officer is expected to represent NRC in a responsible manner and always act in accordance with NRC’s Code of Conduct.
See How To Apply Below
When you apply please notify you found this job on AddisJobs.net
The M&E Officer will support the implementation of M&E processes by undertaking 3 core functions. 1. Create, maintain, and train on M&E systems and procedures. This includes the use of mobile data collection, complaints/feedback mechanisms, reporting procedures and other M&E processes. 2. Surge Capacity for Program Staff on M&E: The responsibility for monitoring and evaluation first rests with program staff. However, the M&E Officer will provide surge capacity where needed to design, supervisor, or report on M&E activities. 3. Aggregate cross program reports and data: He/she supports the Area Manager and other program staffs in providing inputs to project proposals and report writing.
Get Latest Jobs on your e-mail
- Generic Responsibilities:
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines;
- Implement delegated CC project portfolio according to plan of action;
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management;
- Ensure proper filing of documents;
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist;
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Specific Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the country M&E Framework is implemented as per country M&E SOPs;
- Compile and update regularly area level monthly output tracking sheet, online reporting, GORS and balanced score cards (BSC);
- Implement a Complaints Response and Feedback Mechanism for all programs by creating compliant database;
- Actively participate in project proposal development and provide inputs on project targets setting and logical framework development;
- Make sure project information are disaggregated area, core competency, gender, type of beneficiaries (IDP, refugees, host community, returnee etc);
- Support the preparation of detailed implementation plans and M&E matrix for all programs;
- Support all programs to undertake regular program monitoring including establishing baselines, documenting progress, conducting post distribution monitoring and end line survey;
- Provide M&E technical assistance to program staffs on NRC M&E policy and guidance;
- Prepare area level quality reports, with input from program staff and on behalf of the Area Manager/Head of Office periodic cross program reports including the bi-weekly/monthly report and the balanced score card;
- Support the role out of digital data collection using mobile phones;
- Support and participate in assessments of new areas or programs.
- University degree preferably in Social Sciences, Statistics, Economics or other relevant discipline.
- At least 3 years’ work experience on monitoring and evaluation in field of humanitarian/development project.
- NGO experience is preferable.
- Social sciense
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of data collection and data collection instruments (technology);
- Exposure to a wide range of information management systems related to humanitarian/development and/or operational (e.g construction activities);
- Experience in community social work;
- Good report writing and communication skills;
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Knowledge about own skills/profile;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong analysis skills (qualitative and qualitative data analysis);
- Excellent one to one and group communication /information presentation skills;
- Experience in training and capacity building in M&E mechanisms at various project levels;
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities;
- Experience working with statistical computer software packages (SPSS, Stata) and advanced skills in spread sheet;
- Goal oriented with ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Knowledge of the context in which the organization operates;
- Knowledge of the local language (Somali) – as an advantage;
- Experience with implementation of project start-up and exit strategy.
- Behavioral competencies
- Handling insecure environment;
- Planning and delivering results;
- Empowering and building trust;
- Communicating with impact and respect.
- Commencement: ASAP, shortlisting and Interviews will continue as applications are received
- Contract period: 6 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions
- Duty station: NRC Ethiopia Shinille
How to ApplyInterested and qualified applicants should submit their application at below link.Click Here to Apply for this Job
972 total views, 1 today