Full-TimeHuman Resources Clerk – U.S. Embassy
Human Resources Clerk, FSN-06; FP-8
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: 39-2016
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: Human Resources Clerk, FSN-06; FP-8
OPENING DATE: June 14, 2016
CLOSING DATE: June 28, 2016
WORK HOURS: Full time (40 hours/week)
SALARY: *Not Ordinarily Resident: FP-08 (Starting salary to be determined by Washington)
Ordinarily Resident (OR): Starting Salary – 7,588 USD per year (Position Grade: FSN-06)
NOTE: For ordinarily resident employees, salary will be paid in local currency using the established exchange rate.
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS (See Appendix A for definition) MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Mission Addis Ababa is seeking three individuals for the position of Human Resources Clerk in the Human Resources Office of the Embassy.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Under direct supervision of the Human Resources Officer, the incumbent performs a wide variety of human resources administrative, information, referral duties in support of the Mission’s diplomatic readiness goals.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in the Human Resources Office. Contact (251-11-130-60-00, Ext. 6383)
NOTE: Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. Education: Completion of secondary school (high school) is required.
2. Experience: Two years of administrative, clerical or secretarial experience is required.
3. Language: Level 4(Fluent) English and Level 3 (Good Working Knowledge) of Amharic language is required. (English language proficiency will be tested).
Get Latest Jobs on your e-mail
4. Skills and Abilities: Incumbent must have competency in using MS Office suite; must be highly organized and methodical in order to successfully handle multiple competing tasks; and ability to communicate effectively and must have a basic understanding of Department of State human resource procedure and policy (3 FAM.FAH, DSSR, FSNPAH), local labor law and prevailing employment practices.
5. Knowledge: Ability to tactfully interact with Mission personnel and public in person and by phone is required.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained by E-Mail: HROaddisababa@state.gov or by Phone: 251-11-130-60-00 Ext: 6383.
When qualified, applicants who are U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and/or preference-eligible U.S. Veterans are given a preference in hiring. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants make themselves known as having a hiring preference and specifically address the required qualifications above in their application.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM/USEFM who is also a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
(2) AEFM/USEFM who is not a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
(3) FS on Leave Without Pay
See How To Apply Below
When you apply please notify you found this job on AddisJobs.net
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management may consider the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
2. Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
3. Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
4. The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a security clearance.
How to ApplyApplicants must submit the following documents to be considered:
1. Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website or by contacting Human Resources. (See “For Further Information” above); and
2. Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)IMPORTANT: Applicants claiming a U.S. Veterans preference must submit written documentation confirming eligibility (e.g. Member Copy 4 of Form DD-214, letter from the Veteran’s Administration, or certification documenting eligibility under VOW Act with an expected discharge no later than 120 days after the certification is submitted) by the closing date of the vacancy announcement. If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veteran’s preference will not be considered in the application process. Specific criteria for receiving a U.S. Veteran’s preference may be found in HR/OE’s Family Member Employment Policy (FMEP)
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Human Resources Office
P.O. Box: 1014
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Preferred method of sending applications is by email
Click Apply Online below to apply or use. HROaddisababa@state.gov
POINT OF CONTACT
Human Resources Office
Telephone: 251-11-130-60-00, Ext. 6383
5816 total views, 1 today