Full-Time HR/Admin Manager Job at International Rescue Committee – IRC
SUMMARY STATEMENT OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the Field Coordinator/ Assistant Field Coordinator and technically supervised by HR/Admin coordinator, HR/Admin Manager will be the responsible person of the field HR/Admin department with all functions carried out by the department including talent management, contracts management, staff development, THE IRC Way, performance management, on boarding, staff grievance handling, benefits administration, payroll and related payments, follow up on contract extension, Timesheet collection, filing, , Insurance and HRIS. He /She work closely with all departments in the field office and HR/Admin Addis.
The HR/Admin Manager participates in maintaining and reviewing all administrative and human resource systems and procedures. He /She will ensure uniform compliance with policies and procedures at the field site and provides technical support to the field office and the team.
The post holder supervises the field HR Officers/SHR Officers and provides technical support for them.
DETAILED RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
HR Talent Strategy and Talent Architecture:
· Maintain a thorough knowledge of IRC personnel policies and Implement IRC’s new Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures in every site of the field office; and ensure all HR/Admin activities are carried-out in adherence to these standards.
· Participate in reviewing national staff policies and Recommend for changes/additions/deletions to the HR/Admin Coordinator
· Promote and uphold THE IRC Way: Standards for Professional Conduct.
· Ensure the provision of good quality, appropriate and clearly communicated advice to field line managers on all aspects of HR management, policy and practice, including work force planning, job design, employment law, employee relations issues, and communication and consultation strategies.
· In consultation with HR/Admin coordinator and Field coordinator the HR/Admin Manager should consult line managers in succession planning and in strategic way of talent retention.
· Work with HR/admin coordinator and Field coordinator on implementation of strategic planning of the department
· Provide advice and support to Field HR teams, all field employees and Managers in interpretation of HR policies and procedures and provide technical support on HR related matters, including but not limited to, recruitment, orientation, career development, performance evaluation, disciplinary action and separation
· Ensure that the EEO (equal employment opportunity) is in place incompliance with existing labor proclamations and the IRC personnel policy.
Get Jobs on Email. Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get latest jobs and updates on your email.
Talent Acquisition and management:
· Work with Field Coordinator to determine workforce needs, identify the field human resource and competency gaps, and devise a development and workforce plan to promote staff development and retention.
· Plan and respond to the recruitment needs in timely fashion.
· Review job specification against the position classification guideline; and all the basic information are filled on the Personnel requisition form (PRF).
· Advice Hiring managers on reviewing job descriptions and specifications
· Support and guide the HR team on posting job advertisements, screening applicants, conducting job interviews/written tests, reference checks, extending job offers, and ensuring new employee’s paper work/hire pack is processed accurately.
· Participate in recruitment process of higher positions; and ensure that vacancy announcements are made through appropriate media.
· Oversee that CV reviewing, interviewing, reference checking, job offer, orientation and travel arrangement are going in line with the recruitment plan.
· Ensure that recruitment process is fair and transparent and in line with IRC Global HR policies and procedures.
· Ensure proper orientation for all new staff with periodic follow up and collaborate and coordinate with field coordinator and other departments to provide an engaging and welcoming orientation
· Oversee exit management process to ensure unspoiled and positive transition for departing employee
· Ensure the field HR/ Admin staff to conduct exit interviews for exiting national staff and maintain its copies on the file and conduct the exit interview analysis and report to Addis HR once in a year.
Supervision and Support
· Manage, train, coach and evaluate HR Officers and Assistants; create detailed plan to build capacity including performance objectives and development in collaboration with Roving HR/Admin Manager, Field coordinator/Assistant Field Coordinator and other HR/Admin staff.
· Ensures appropriate matches between personnel and jobs.
· Provide refreshment training on PMP and ensure the yearly PMP (performance management program) is conducted at field office level in compliance with the guide line.
· Work on succession plan for field HR/Admin department staff.
· Ensure that the subordinates are working in a harmonized manner with consistency among application of policy throughout the field office, and identify and implement mechanisms to ensure cooperation, communication and teamwork.
· Identify the gap in the field HR/Admin department and create the solution in collaboration with the HR Coordinator, roving HR/Admin Manager and the Field Coordinator.
· Assess the skill and gap of field HR/Admin staffs and recommend training.
· Work with Staff development Manager in assessing training needs for the field office
HR Service and Administration:
· Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource rules and labor law.
· Ensure and follow up daily HR-related administrative duties are executed as per the expected quality in a timely manner
· Assist and Review all HR/Admin documents such as payroll, Overtime pay, back pay, severance, adjustments, acting allowance, new employee Insurance list, Hiring recommendation and new contracts etc … prepared by subordinates before it will be sent to Addis Ababa
· Review employment contracts purchase requests and payment requests made by other HR staff before it is submitted to Finance
· Ensure that the field office organogram is updated in line with the workday.
· Maintain updated tracking of staff Performance Evaluations, different HR related staff data analysis
· Follow that all increment, promotion, transfer, and disciplinary letters are written in compliance with personnel policy in timely manner.
· Ensure all personnel files are kept complete and maintained confidentially in a lockable cabinet.
· Maintain updated HRIS /Workday / database as well ensure all the field office HR/Admin staff trained on HRIS and update the database on time.
· Participate on the field office budget proposals, Grant Opening and Closing meetings.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
a) Internal: CD, DDO, Fdc/AFC, HR coordinator, Field HR managers, Program & operation departments.
b) External: Relevant Governmental, Non-Governmental and international organizations.
· University Degree/Masters in Management, Business Administration, Accounting or related
· 6/4 years of professional experience for degree/masters holders in HRAdmin.
· At least 2 years senior level management experience.
· NGO experience in Human resource is preferable.
· Strong organizational skills
· Computer literate especially word and excel.
· Excellent in English and Amharic both speaking & writing.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Proven management skills.
· Excellent representational skills.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Permanent Address and present address (if different form permanent) and telephone number
· Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
See How To Apply Below
When you apply please notify that you found this job on AddisJobs.net
How to Apply
Please send your CV, application letter and copies of credentials to the following address:
IRC P.O.BOX: 107 Code 1110, Addis Ababa IRC Melkadida field office HR/Admin Department:
· Please include 3 references from current and former employers.
· Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
· Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short listed and contacted.
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.· Name of the position you have applied for · Date of application · Summary of your qualifications and experience · Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job · Permanent Address and present address (if different form permanent) and telephone number · Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
|Are any of your relatives employed by International Rescue committee (IRC)? If answer is “yes”, give the following information:||YES NO|
Application Deadline: June 22, 2018IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
25 total views, 1 today