Temporary Health Officer-NO-B,duty station Job at UNICEF Ethiopia
UNICEF Vacancy: Health Officer-NO-B,duty station – Gambella Ethiopia (Open to Ethiopian Nationals) | UNICEF
Locations: Africa: Ethiopia Gambēla
Work Type : Temporary Appointment
The incumbent supports Gambella UNHCR, ARRA and NGO humanitarian partners to provide health services to South Sudanese refugees in camps and host communities within the Gambella Region of Ethiopia.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position:
Coordinate and monitor emergency Health interventions with focus on the most vulnerable groups and children (assessment, prioritization, programme design, capacity building , prepositioning of emergency supplies, immunization, monitoring and supporting implementing partners, reporting)
- Working in collaboration with UNHCR/ARRA/Regional Authorities and NGO partners, support Health Cluster group / Emergency Task Force in Gambella, focusing on Emergency Health interventions in camps, entry points and in the host communities around the camps.
- Participate in other relevant emergency coordination meetings relating to Health Emergencies.
- Work in close collaboration with the Health and Nutrition teams and other sectors (WASH, etc.) implementing partners focusing on disease prevention and control and health promotion activities directly involved in pre-positioning of health supplies and provision of primary health care services at camp levels.
- Provide regular updates to UNICEF Gambella / UNICEF Health Section in Addis Ababa detailing the current health situation, status of cluster activities, and the status of UNICEF supported interventions.
- Provide additional technical support to UNHCR, ARRA, and NGOs as requested through the UNICEF Field Office in Gambella especially in capacity building, compiling weekly progress updates and convening of coordination meetings as required.
- Provide technical inputs to health emergency supply related items and follow up on the procurement through coordination with relevant partners within the UNICEF Regional Office in Gambella and Addis a timely and efficient manner
- Lead the development of appropriate Health interventions, outbreak control and response with contingency plans and support immediate actions relating to the plans.
- Design and coordinate health related assessments of potential new sites for refugee camps.
Education requirements: Advanced University degree inPublic Health related discipline with emergency experiences.
Work Experience: A minimum of five years of relevant technical experience in design, planning, advocacy, implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation relating to Emergency Health interventions
Language Proficiency: Fluency in English (both verbal and drafting skills).
Competencies: Communication, Working with People, Drive for Results, Formulating Strategies and Concepts, Analyzing, Applying Technical Expertise, Learning and Researching, Planning and Organizing.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Diversity and inclusion
- Working with people
- Drive for results
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Learning and Researching
- Planning and Organizing
Get Jobs on Email. Join our list | አዳዲስ ስራዎች በኢሜይል እንዲመጣልዎ ይመዝገቡ
Subscribe to our mailing list and get Latest Jobs on your email.
See How To Apply Below
When you apply please notify you found this job on AddisJobs.net
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
How to ApplyBefore applying, please make sure that you have read the requirements for the position and that you qualify. Applications from non-qualifying applicants will most likely be discarded by the recruiting manager. UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation. Opening Date Mon Aug 07 2017 01:30:00 GMT-0400 (Eastern Standard Time) E. Africa Standard Time Closing Date Mon Aug 21 2017 10:30:00 GMT-0400 (Eastern Standard Time) Click Here to Apply
506 total views, 6 today