Contract Gender and Development Specialist at UNICEF
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
Job Number: 495920
Work Type : Temporary Appointment
Closing Date: 26 May 2016
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
The incumbent supports the gender responsive programming of multi sectoral Nutrition interventions including PSNP and nutrition linkages and Nutrition sensitive Agriculture Growth Program (AGP).
Key Expected Results
- Tools developed, finalized and disseminated GSD provisions of PSNP4 that help to address nutrition issues
- Gender responsive BCC materials on gender issues
- Report on monitoring progress on IN- SCT pilot and gender mainstreaming activities in the nutrition programs
- Assessment report of nutrition programs focusing on gender equity and empowerment
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks
- Give technical support in linking nutrition services with gender and social development provisions of PSNP4;
- Undertake systematic gender analysis of the pilot project to identify and address gender and social development provisions of the pilot project;
- A series of capacity building activities (including action learning, gender trainings and coaching/mentoring) on GSD provisions;
- Develop methodologies , frameworks and tools for promoting effective gender mainstreaming across nutrition sensitive interventions and nutrition specific programs;
- Follow up and support the implementation of Concern PCA on piloting nutrition and PSNP4 linkage in Halaba and Shashego woredas;
- Assess the gender dimensions and support a gender sensitivity of nutrition linkages in other agricultural programs like AGP;
- Provide technical support to the Units, staffs, and Government partners to ensure integration of gender into Nutrition programming;
- Enhance gender integration in monitoring and evaluation;
- Give technical support interventions to engage key influencers (mothers-in-law, men, boys, etc.) as supportive partners in nutrition programming;
- Develop gender sensitive indicators to measure the extent of mainstreaming/incorporation of gender into Nutrition programs, nutrition and PSNP4 linkage pilot project
- Produce quarterly progress reports and annual report on gender sensitive nutrition for UNICEF and the Donors.
- Review nutrition programs and related documents for gender responsiveness and identify gaps;
- Conduct field visits for further analysis and monitoring;
- Undertake capacity building trainings to different stake holders on GSD provision;
- Prepare detail monthly work and travel plan to support the Pilot IN-SCT project and gender mainstreaming activities;
- Submit field trip monitoring reports with concrete actions and recommendations;
- Produce and submit annual performance report with lesson learned and best practices and recommendations on IN-SCT pilot and the nutrition specific interventions for further improvement nutrition programming from gender perspective.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Academic qualifications – Advanced university degree in Gender, development and other relevant fields.
- Employment experience – A minimum of Five years extensive experience in Gender programming.
- Excellent spoken and written fluency in English is required, and knowledge of the working language of the duty station is an asset.
- Excellent meeting facilitation, communication and negotiation skills
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Working with People
- Drive for Results
Get Jobs on Email. Join our list | አዳዲስ ስራዎች በኢሜይል እንዲመጣልዎ ይመዝገቡ
Subscribe to our mailing list and get Latest Jobs on your email.
See How To Apply Below
When you apply please notify you found this job on AddisJobs.net
To view our competency framework, please click here.
How to ApplyClosing Date 26 May 2016 E. Africa Standard Time UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation. Click Here to Apply
1742 total views, 1 today