Contract Finance manager & procurement expert Job in Ethiopia
Euroconsult Mott MacDonald is looking for a qualified applicant for its open job position.
Job Title: Finance manager & procurement expert
Position Location: Ethiopia – Addis Ababa
Apply by: 4 September 2018
Senior-level, Long-term consulting assignment
The objectives of the 4-year DFID-funded Programme Management and Technical Assistance for the Delivering Climate Resilient Water and Sanitation in Ethiopia is to manage and provide the technical assistance to the Government of Ethiopia (GoE) and other non-state actors to implement measures to improve the resilience of water and sanitation services in selected climate-vulnerable regions of the country.
Programme activities will be in the following areas:
1 Mapping and management of groundwater resources
2 Integrating climate resilience into design norms and standards
3 Building the capacity of the Government of Ethiopia staff to use climate information
4 Implementing measures such as flood protection and drought management in selected districts
Technical assistance (TA) to the GoE will also cover programme management issues, including procurement and value for money. For the implementation of this project, Mott MacDonald is looking for suitable candidates for the position of a full-time Finance Manager , Procurement Expert.
In close collaboration with the Team Leader, and the Project Controllers in Arnhem the Finance and Procurement Manager will:
Finance and Contractual Management TA
* Organize and archive all supplier contracts of the Addis Ababa office and propose procedures;
* Annual budget planning, monitoring spend against budget, investigating variances and working with the management team to devise remedial actions;
* Verify invoices against budgets, plans and implementation and request, if required, clarification from the suppliers;
* Assure timely and adequate invoicing by the suppliers to the projects;
* Establish financial forecast system for the technical assistance;
* Prepare financial forecasts for the technical assistance;
* Manage contracts as required to ensure that Mott MacDonald meets its contractual obligations to the Supplier, identify and manage risks that may arise through the operation of the contract and implement robust financial and operational controls.
* Manage all procurement processes while ensuring optimal 1) Transparency (of the procurement process and the use of public funds), 2) Proportionality (the rigour of the procedure must be proportional to the financial interests of the programme), 3) Equal treatment (of bidders), 4) Non-discrimination (of bidders), 5) Competition (among bidders) leading to best value for money. The procurement procedures used may be those in force in Ethiopia or those used by the UK Department for International Development;
* In conjunction with the Team Leader, lead in the preparation of procurement plans and consultancy agreements, agreeing milestones and payment fees;
* Accompany all steps in the tender process, namely drafting the tender documents (with the programme’s technical experts), launching the tender, receiving the bids, opening the bids, evaluating the bids, and awarding the contract.
* Contract management of all programme funds contracts including performance and quality control of contractors.
* Provide training and guidance to the GoE on financial management, procurement of infrastructure works and services and contractual procedures;
* Provide guidance to non-state actors on procurement processes and contract applications;
* Produce and maintain guidance documents and training on financial management, value for money, procurement procedures and contract management;
* Provide training to Team Leader on Quality Assurance.
Get Jobs on Email. Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get latest jobs and updates on your email.
Qualifications and Competences
The successful candidate has:
* A minimum of a university degree in Business or Finance or a similar discipline;
* A minimum of 10 years similar professional experience;
* A minimum of 5 years practical experience in similar environments (preferably Ethiopia or the region);
* Experience managing grants, or contracts from government sources;
* Experience in budgeting processes, developing financial projections, overseeing invoice and expense management processes, account-keeping, and producing financial reports;
* Experience with GoE regulations and administrative system;
* Knowledge of DFID procurement processes and value for money framework desirable;
* Good and timely report writing and communication skills (in English AND Amharic);
* Excellent MS Office and in specific MS Excel skills.
About the Organization
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy focused on guiding our clients through many of the planet’s most intricate challenges.
See How To Apply Below
When you apply please notify that you found this job on AddisJobs.net
How to Apply
About the OrganizationWe're a global engineering, management and development consultancy focused on guiding our clients through many of the planet's most intricate challenges.
17 total views, 3 today