Full-TimeElectrician at Embassy of United States in Addis Ababa
Embassy of United States in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia looking for qualified candidate for the following open position.
Electrician, FSN-05; FP-9
ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: 60-2016
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: Electrician, FSN-05; FP-9
OPENING DATE: October 27, 2016
CLOSING DATE: November 10, 2016
WORK HOURS: Full time; 44 hours/week
SALARY: Not Ordinarily Resident: FP-9 (Starting salary to be determined by Washington)
Ordinarily Resident (OR): Starting Salary – 8,041 USD per year
(Position Grade: FSN-5)
NOTE: For ordinarily resident employees, salary will be paid in local currency using the established exchange rate.
NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Mission Addis Ababa is seeking an individual for the position of Electrician in the Facility Section of the Embassy.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Under the direct supervision of the Electrician Foreman, the incumbent is responsible to insure that all electrical maintenance, repairs and upgrades on U.S. Government and leased properties are expeditiously and properly performed and that the electrical systems at these properties are safe and in good working order.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in the Human Resources Office. Contact (251-11-130-60-00, Ext. 6383)
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Supporting documentations (e.g., letters of employment, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above should also be submitted.
Get Latest Jobs on your e-mail
- Required Education: Completion of secondary school and technical with vocational electrical education is required.
- Required Experience: Three years experience as electrician and in the maintenance of electrical equipment and appliances, such as refrigerators, stoves, water heaters, AVR,ATS and Generators is required.
- Language Requirement: Level 3 (good working knowledge) of English and Amharic is required. (English language proficiency will be tested)
- Knowledge: Knowledge of how to use all types of electrical equipment and instruments. Sound knowledge of electrical appliances, equipment and generators is required.
- Skills and Abilities: The ability to read and understand electrical schematic drawings and installation/service instruction manuals. Must have a valid Class 2 driver’s license. The skill in calculating material requirements. The ability to understand state-of-the-art technology.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained by E-Mail: HROaddisababa@state.gov or by Phone: 251-11-130-60-00 Ext: 6383.
When qualified, applicants who are U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and/or preference-eligible U.S. Veterans are given a preference in hiring. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants make themselves known as having a hiring preference and specifically address the required qualifications above in their application.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) USEFM who is ALSO a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
(2) USEFM OR a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
(3) FS on LWOP
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management may consider the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
2. Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
3. Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
See How To Apply Below
When you apply please notify you found this job on AddisJobs.net
4. The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a security clearance.
How to ApplyApplicants must submit the following documents to be considered: 1. Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website or by contacting Human Resources. (See “For Further Information” above); and 2. Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)Download Job Application Form (PDF 176 KB)IMPORTANT: Applicants claiming a U.S. Veterans preference must submit written documentation confirming eligibility (e.g. Member Copy 4 of Form DD-214, letter from the Veteran’s Administration, or certification documenting eligibility under VOW Act with an expected discharge no later than 120 days after the certification is submitted) by the closing date of the vacancy announcement. If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veteran’s preference will not be considered in the application process. Specific criteria for receiving a U.S. Veteran’s preference may be found in HR/OE’s Family Member Employment Policy (FMEP)
|WHERE TO APPLY:U.S. Embassy
Human Resources Office
P.O. Box: 1014
Addis Ababa, EthiopiaPreferred method of sending applications is by email.|
POINT OF CONTACT
Human Resources Office
Telephone: 251-11-130-60-00, Ext. 6383
1360 total views, 2 today