Full-TimeDriver at CIMMYT ሾፌር – ክፍት የስራ ቦታ
ILRI Vacancy: Driver, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT) seeks to recruit a driver who will be member of CIMMYT at its Ethiopian office in Addis Ababa.
POSITION ANNOUNCEMENTS – EXTERNAL
Job Title: Driver
Location: Addis Ababa
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT)
13 July 2016
General: The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT) is an autonomous, non-profit making, international scientific organization operating under the aegis of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). More specifically its mission is to encourage, support and undertake activities to improve the productivity, profitability, and sustainability of maize and wheat systems in the interest of the resource poor in developing countries.
Main duties & responsibilities
Get Latest Jobs on your e-mail
- Undertakes driving assignments of vehicles as and when assigned by his/her supervisor;
- Operates, maintains and cleans assigned vehicles with care and reports any damage and/or suspected fault immediately to his/her supervisor;
- Responsible for safe transport of staff, guests and materials assigned to him/her;
- Ensures that the vehicle is kept overnight in a secure location and that the vehicle key is handed over to the supervisor, unless explicitly agreed on otherwise by the supervisor;
- Records and maintains the transport log-book for any vehicles assigned to him/her;
- Responsible for the vehicles and all tools, equipment and spare parts on the vehicle assigned to him/her;
- Liaises with his/her supervisor to ensure that routine service and maintenance is undertaken timely;
- Carries out errands and performs as required.
- Completion of secondary education
- At least 5 years of relevant experience and safe driving record
Skills and competencies
- Valid driving license for land cruisers
- Good working knowledge of written and spoken English is essential
- Automotive background is advantageous
- Addis Ababa
Minimum Base: Birr 6,268 (Negotiable, depending on experience, skill and salary history of the candidate).
See How To Apply Below
When you apply please notify you found this job on AddisJobs.net
Terms of appointment
- This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position, initial appointment is fixed term for one year with the possibility of renewal, contingent upon individual performance and the availability of funding. The ILRI remuneration package for nationally recruited staff in Ethiopia includes very competitive salary and benefits such as life and medical insurance, offshore pension plan, etc.
How to ApplyApplicants should provide a cover letter and curriculum vitae; names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate's professional qualifications and work experience to be included in the curriculum vitae. The position and reference number: REF: A/30/16 should be clearly indicated in the subject line of the cover letter. All applications to be submitted online on our recruitment portal: http://ilri.simplicant.com on or before July 2016.To find more about CIMMYT, visit our Website at www.cimmyt.org. To find out more about working at ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org/ilricrowd/Suitably qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.
3467 total views, 1 today