Contract Deputy Team Leader at Abt Associates
Abt Associates inc. is looking for a qualified applicant for it’s open position Deputy Team Leader
As Ethiopia makes progress towards becoming a middle-income country, it needs a system capable of meeting acute needs that is less reliant on large humanitarian appeals. The Government of Ethiopia (GoE) has a clear strategic direction and strong policies for managing humanitarian crises. The upcoming DFID funded Building Resilience in Ethiopia (BRE) Programmewill provide demand-led interventions, including targeted technical support and advice, and independent monitoring and evaluation to support the GoE.
The Deputy Team Leader will provide leadership support to the BRE Team Leader and the Programme Management Unit (PMU) based in Addis Ababa. The role will require working closely the GoE, BRE programme partners and other key stakeholders across the humanitarian sector to provide technical support as needed by the GoE. The Deputy Team leader must be mission driven, and committed to making a distinctive impact in serving the BRE programme and Abt Associates.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the Team Leader to set up a programme in Addis Ababa to allow continuous engagement between stakeholders and suppliers in support of BRE
- Support the Team Leader to lead a multidisciplinary and high performing team to provide technical assistance in a collaborative manner
- Track team performance across the programme
- Multidisciplinary PMU operationalised, and resources made available for PMU to be able to provide technical assistance to the GoE through packages of work
- Successful planning, resourcing and operationalisation of PMU (including technical streams) to conduct packages of work effectively
- PMU’s performance as well as the performance of any other workstreams, partners and sub-contractors, monitored and supported to be at a high level
- Planning, resourcing and operational leadership on all technical deliverables, including: Building capacity of the NDRMC, the MoFEC, the MoH and EPHI to build and strengthen shock responsive systems able to prepare for and respond to emergencies; Building GoE’s monitoring and evaluation capacity to assess humanitarian delivery for quality, coverage and value for money, and integrating feedback systems to shape future policy; Independent monitoring of the humanitarian response in Ethiopia; Impact evaluation of support that meets emergency needs Ethiopia
- Promote equality and inclusion for all
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Proven management expertise, in particular in building systems to deliver technical assistance across multiple fields and operationalising small- to large-scale projects
- Proven capability to collaborate, partner and influence wide ranging stakeholders at senior level, including governments, UN agencies, NGOs and other private sector partners (including other delivery agents of technical assistance)
- Knowledge and expertise of shock responsive government systems, capacity building, including systems, individuals and organisations
- Knowledge of monitoring, evaluation, research and learning (MERL); proven ability to operationalise M&E programmes, and use outcomes of research to learn and adapt
- Experience in Ethiopia or a similar country context required
- Experience working with DFID and/or other donors desirable
- Experience managing adaptive and flexible donor-funded programmes desirable
- Relevant education is required
- English is required and Amharic is highly preferred
This offer is contingent upon award. Interested candidates should send their CV to EthiopiaJobs@abtassoc.com; put “BRE-Deputy Team Leader” in the subject line.
About the Organization
Abt Associates is a mission-driven, global leader in research and program implementation in the fields of health, social and environmental policy, and international development. Founded in Cambridge, Massachusetts in 1965, Abt Associates was built on the concept that sound information and empirical analysis are the best foundations for effective decision making. The firm blends the subject matter expertise of our staff with technical capabilities in applied research, program implementation, and data collection to shape policy, strengthen systems, measure performance, and deliver other solutions to our public and private sector clients. Examples of Abt Associates’ work include nationally recognized research, evaluation, and technical assistance to improve the efficiency of healthcare systems, the effectiveness of government housing programs, the production of food, and the measurement of public opinion. Abt’s staff of more than 2000 includes national and international experts who are known for their understanding of communities and governments worldwide, innovative research techniques, and insightful—and often groundbreaking—analyses and recommendations. Approximately 51 percent of our staff has graduate degrees; one in six has a doctorate. Our staff’s educational and professional disciplines include economics, engineering, environmental analysis, epidemiology, food security, health, housing, international development, psychology, social science, statistics, and survey methodology. Abt’s research staff is experienced with prominent statistical software packages, including SPSS, SAS, and STATA, along with qualitative software such as NVIVO and Atlas. In 2011, Abt Associates was ranked among the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 development innovators. Abt has offices in Atlanta, Ga.; Rockville, Md.; Cambridge, Mass.; Chicago, Ill.; Durham, N.C.; and New York City and program offices in nearly 40 countries in Africa, Central and Southeast Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean, and the Middle East and North Africa. www.abtassociates.com
See How To Apply Below
When you apply please notify that you found this job on AddisJobs.net
How to ApplyThis offer is contingent upon award. Interested candidates should send their CV to EthiopiaJobs@abtassoc.com; put “BRE-Deputy Team Leader” in the subject line.
24 total views, 1 today