Full-TimeDatabase Administrator in AFRICAN UNION Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
AFRICAN UNION – UNION AFRICAINE – UNIàO AFRICANA
Job Title: DATABASE Administrator / OFFICER
Department: Directorate of Communications and Information
Supervisor: Web Administrator
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
2. Major duties and responsibilities:
- Analyzing existing data, and establishing required database systems and relevant regular monitoring procedures to evaluate use and effectiveness.
- Managing multimedia database(s)
- Managing journalists database
- Designing, developing and maintaining web-based applications and databases;
- Providing data processing services and specialized assistance in the use of applications and technological development;
- Installation, Configuration and Maintenance of Oracle, SQL or MySQL Database
- Setup and Administration of Database backups and Archives
- Perform User Security, Access Management and Audits
- Setup and Maintenance of High Availability configurations
- Database Monitoring and Health management
- Database disaster recovery planning
- Schedule and perform periodical reviewing to harmonize data needs
- Designing Manuals and training staff members in new work methods and procedures, on a regular basis.
- Assisting the directorate in formulating policies related to the information management system, with due consideration of their long-term benefit;
- Assisting the directorate in implementing approved recommendations by preparing or revising instructions and procedural manuals and instructing staff in new work methods and procedures;
3. QUALIFICATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Get Latest Jobs on your e-mail
- Candidates must have a minimum of a Bachelor
- University Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field with strong mathematics analytical skills;
- Certificates in Database Management and Work Experience
- Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of progressive professional experience in the field of ICT including three years of international experience in Information Technology
- Must have minimum of three (3) years working experience in Multimedia and Journalists Database Management
- Extensive knowledge of Database applications and Website Development is required
- Exposure to United Nations (UN) information and communications infrastructure would be an asset as would experience working with a multilateral, regional or international organization is required.
- Must have a three years working experience in communication and information department in international organization.
5. OTHER RELEVANT SKILLS:
- Computer literacy; Management experience, excellent interpersonal skills and ability to organize and motivate others and to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- excellent drafting and reporting skills;
- Good communication and negotiating skills;
- good planning and organizational skills.
6. LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT:
Proficiency in one of the African Union working languages.
Knowledge of one or several other working languages would be an added advantage.
7. AGE REQUIREMENT:
Candidates must preferably be between 25 and 35 years old.
8. TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a fixed term contract for a period of One (1) years, of which the first three months will be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a annually subject to satisfactory performance and fund availability. 9.
The salary attached to the position is an annual lump-sum of US$ 62,431.73 inclusive of all allowances for internationally recruited staff, and US$ 50,828.14 inclusive of all allowances for locally recruited staff Applications must be made through the AUC E-recruitment Website http://www.aucareers.org not later than 30th December 2013.
See How To Apply Below
When you apply please notify you found this job on AddisJobs.net
Directorate of Administration and Human Resource Management African Union Commission Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
How to Apply
1796 total views, 1 today