Full-TimeCommercial Loss Reduction Expert – Ethiopia Electric Utility (EEU)
Commercial Loss Reduction Expert – Ethiopia Electric Utility (EEU)
- Apply by 14 December 2016
- Mid-level , Full-time staff position
Tetra Tech, ES Inc., a subsidiary of Tetra Tech dedicated to international development, is recruiting for Commercial Loss Reduction Experts for the USAID Power Africa project to work in Ethiopia as a member of the Power Africa Transactions and Reforms Program (PATRP) team. PATRP’s activities are organized around Country Implementation Plans (CIP), which promote a holistic programmatic approach to PATRP’s objectives in each country.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Serve as Team Member, Commercial Loss Reduction Program, Resident in Ethiopia for 2 years or more, as a member of the PATRP team
- Work closely with EEU staff and implement the program (focused on “Meter to Cash” operations) in a selected region of Addis Ababa; Elements of the program shall include
- Develop and execute a MOU with key stakeholders in order to ensure program success, and to identify, manage and mitigate program risks
- Review existing processes, identify weaknesses and develop improvements
- Establish full energy accounting at the low voltage side of all distribution transformers in the selected region
- Establish current performance baseline
- Review organizational structure and functions and realign to effectively execute on the improved processes
- Establish regular performance measurements and reporting processes
- Propose opportunities for reducing technical losses
- Develop a plan for to implement the program in other EEU Regions
- Execute assigned work related to the Program in a timely manner and with expected quality
- Assist with regular reporting on progress, risks and changes
- Collaborate with other Power Africa implementers and stakeholders, if applicable, including other U.S. government agencies and donors
- Set and manage stakeholder expectations and ensure overall stakeholder satisfaction
Other Responsibilities include:
- Support procurement efforts for the program, including development of specifications, selection and negotiation with vendors and subcontractors
- Enable program implementation is in accordance with USAID regulations and procedures
- At least two years of direct experience with implementing loss reduction measures in a distribution company and under conditions and risks similar to EEU
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, finance, economics, law, or a related field required
- Five years of demonstrable experience in the electric industry or related field and a strong understanding of the overall electric industry.
- Experience working in the sub-Saharan energy sector and understanding the key issues and stakeholders involved in the electric utility business is preferred.
- English fluency is required, fluency in Amharic is highly desirable.
How to ApplyInterested applicants submit updated resume online on tetratech.com/careersClick Here to Apply
665 total views, 1 today