ContractAssistant Store Keeper at Pathfinder international
Pathfinder international/Ethiopia (PI/E) is a non-for-profit, organization dedicated to provide high quality reproductive health and family planning services that improve the lives of women and their families in Ethiopia.
For its Integrated Family Health Program jointly implemented with JSI Inc, PI/E has the following open post.
JOB TITLE: Assistant Store Keeper
REPORTS TO: Senior Store Keeper
NUMBER OF VACANT POST: 1
DUTY STATION: Country Office, Addis Ababa
JOB SUMMARY: The Assistant Store Keeper is responsible for the overall management of stationary stores that include receiving, issuing, storing and recording of the items. Assists the senior store keeper in all matters related to the store management of IFHP/Pathfinder. Undertakes the clearance of imported items with DACA, Collect quotations and the procured items from the vendors.
See How To Apply Below
When you apply please notify you found this job on AddisJobs.net
Get Latest Jobs on your e-mail
- Responsible for all items in the stationary store under his/her control.
- Assists the senior store keeper in maintaining bin card for all line items in the warehouse and up dates with GRN and SIV on a regular basis.
- Prepares store receiving & store issue vouchers for all items received and issued by the stationery store. Counts and checks that items received by the store are in line with the specification and requisition authorized by the concerned officer.
- Reminds the senior store keeper to order stock items before they run out of the balance and follows their procurement.
- Assists the senior store keeper in dispatching contraceptives and other supplies to different organizations based on distribution list and upon approval of the concerned officer of the IFHP.
- Uses first expiry first out method /FEFO/ commodity management system for Contraceptives and other items that have expiry dates.
- In the absence of the senior store keeper prepares monthly report on the beginning balance received,, issued and the stock balance available in the Warehouse
- Receives stationery and related items upon procurement and issues to IFHP/Pathfinder employees against proper documentations.
- Makes sure that all stationeries and other supplies are stocked/arranged in an orderly manner that they are not exposed to any damage/risk
- Ensures that the store has security facilities at all times and locked with strong, dependable and safe locker
- Ensures that safety mechanisms are applied and installed in the store.
- Maintains in either chronological or numerical orders financial documents and other printing materials received by the store
- Ensures that the store is free from rodent, insects, water leakage and other damaging causes.
- Ensures that store requisitions are approved by duly authorized person.
- Ensures that Goods Receiving Notes should always be matched with the supplier’s invoice and requisitions.
- Ascertains that store items are kept in such a way that the aisles between each row of shelves have enough width to allow for efficient stock packing and replacing.
- Expired, obsolete, damage, discrepancies or shortage should be reported to the senior store keeper or lo9istics officer with recommended action.
- Makes sure that store items are placed on a pallet or racks to lift up from the floor so as to protect them from possible damages.
- Assists the senior store keeper in all matters related to store and clearance of imported consignments.
- Undertakes the full responsibility of all store managements and act on behalf of the senior store keeper in the event where the latter is absent
- Assists in the collection of proforma invoices from selected vendors if and when assistance is necessary and instructed by the Logistics and commodities officer. Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of all IFHP’s records and information entrusted to him at all times. Perform any other duties assigned to him from time to time.
- Diploma in Supplies Management, Accounting or related fields.
- Must have minimum of five years’ work experience
- Must have strong writing and communication skills both in
- Amharic and English.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff from diverse cultures
- Must demonstrate strong interest and commitment to family planning and maternal and child health services and the eradication of harmful traditional practices.
- Must have demonstrable personal integrity and honesty
How to ApplyInterested and qualified applicants should send their application to: The Human Resource Manager Pathfinder International -Ethiopia P.O. Box 12655 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia Application Due Date: June 6, 2016 5:00 PM
368 total views, 1 today