Full-Time Analyst, Health Financing
The Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) associated with former President William J. Clinton’s Foundation is currently operating in Ethiopia carrying out a wide range of programs to support the Ministry of Health of Ethiopia in improving the health status of the country by ensuring access and quality of health services. We are committed to increasing our effectiveness through an innovative programming approach that optimizes quality, impact and scale. Being one of the largest CHAI field offices worldwide, we currently employ more than 100 staff working in the following six programs: The Ethiopian Hospital Management Initiative (EHMI), Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (MNCH), Drug Access & Nutrition, Lab Services, Vaccines Introduction and Global Health Financing.
Based in Addis Ababa, the Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) in Ethiopia is looking for a Health Financing Analyst to assist the government in improving long-term financial planning for the health sector and to provide technical assistance in optimizing use of financial resources available for health, with a specific focus on HIV.
The analyst will provide critical support in the quantification and mapping of funding needs and available resources, understanding current costs of interventions, helping the government identify funding gaps, and access additional resources. The analyst will be a part of a team that works very closely with the Federal Ministry of Health, cooperating on a regular basis with donors, NGOs, and civil society. The analyst will be called upon to support these efforts both strategically and analytically.
This position will have direct and immediate impact on tens of thousands of patients in need of life-saving interventions. It is an opportunity to work closely with a government that is committed to finding opportunities for sustainable financing of the health sector, provide critical skills and develop systems and tools that will increase access to and better management of funds, putting the health sector on stronger financial footing.
Provide robust data management and analytical support to the in-country team, and actively participate in structuring the analytical approach and problem solving in areas such as:
- Developing quantitative models to assess opportunities for improved efficiency and effectiveness of various interventions;
- Working directly with senior level government staff in analyzing, articulating and presenting broader HIV financing scenarios;
- Facilitating strategic meetings with government and stakeholders in driving operational and policy changes relating to HIV financing based on extensive analysis of financing scenarios with government counterparts;
- Providing technical advice and assistance to government on health financing related issues;
- Understanding current funding flows in health sector
- Reviewing and understanding specific funding flows and potential areas of inefficiencies
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of professional experience
- Experience building and analyzing quantitative and financial models to inform decision-making;
- Strong analytical skills and technical proficiency with MS Excel and PowerPoint (proficiency levels with both will be tested as part of recruiting process);
- Ability to translate large and complex data sets into reports, charts and pivots to inform decision-making;
- Ability to solve problems and direct decision-makers towards developing solutions;
- Ability to navigate political and strategic discussions objectively and diplomatically;
- Excellent business-oriented verbal, visual and written communication skills;
- Natural ability to build strategic relationships;
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills;
- Ability to multi-task and to be effective in high-pressure situations; and
- Ability to work independently on complex projects and solve challenging problems with little structural or operational support; Able to adapt to fast-paced and changing environments, both internally and externally
- Experience with working in public sector policy/planning, health insurance, public sector finance, management consulting, or other relevant private and public sector experience
- Experience working in public health and with international organizations in Ethiopia
Get Jobs on Email. Join our list | አዳዲስ ስራዎች በኢሜይል እንዲመጣልዎ ይመዝገቡ
Subscribe to our mailing list and get Latest Jobs on your email.
See How To Apply Below
When you apply please notify you found this job on AddisJobs.net
How to Apply
924 total views, 1 today