Contract Administrative Officer Job at International Livestock Research Institute – ILRI
Join Our List Get Jobs on Email ስራዎች በኢሜይል እንዲመጣልዎ ይመዝገቡ
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
The Position: The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit an Administrative Officer to join the Administration department in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
General: The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org.
Main duties & responsibilities:
The Administrative Officer will support the ILRI Ethiopia Head of Administration in the day-to-day management of all administrative services that support ILRI’s activities and operations in Ethiopia. S/he will be responsible for internal communication of the administration. The administrative units under ILRI Ethiopia administration include finance; people & organizational development; supply chain; information, communication technology; engineering & facility management; housing, catering & conferencing; liaison & protocol; and security. Responsibilities include the following:
- Collect, analyse, report on and follow-up on dashboard indicators for all administrative units;
- Ensure service level agreements are updated and posted;
- Provide internal communication to campus users about administrative processes, policies, initiatives, activities and performance by developing and/or delivering induction briefs, preparing online campus information, preparing newsletters, and social media posts;
- Prepare related content including photos, videos, briefings, reports and infographics;
- Facilitate continuous improvement process by managing logistics of review meetings and ad-hoc workshops, designing the program, preparing and collecting presentations and materials, ensuring participation, and by documenting the workshop through photos, final report, and maintaining files. Document effectiveness of the program through an annual report;
- Assist units in documenting risk assessments including implementation plans, and follow-up;
- Participate in systems improvement efforts as assigned. This may include observing, documenting and reviewing current work flows, collecting feedback from stakeholders, propose revised systems, and develop and monitor implementation plans;
- Collect and analyse customer feedback through annual survey, on-the-spot surveys and focus groups;
- Project manage or provide project management support to specific initiatives/projects by planning and managing/ monitoring schedule, cost and quality;
- Troubleshoot and resolve day-to-day matters through to completion. Listen to feedback from stakeholders and follow-up on their issues;
- Follow-up on issues on behalf of inquirers and provide regular status report on pending issues;
- Maintain a task list related to audit findings and systems improvement. Follow-up on pending issues;
- Manage electronic and paper filing system;
- Represent head of administration in meetings when assigned;
- Provide routine administrative assistance as required such as facilitating document signing, drafting and/or reviewing correspondence; coordinating meetings; managing calendar; setting meeting objectives and agenda; taking notes; arranging travel; supporting the needs of visitors; filing key documents; ordering procurement and reviewing checks to be signed;
- Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in management, business or related subject (MBA preferred)
Get Jobs on Email. Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get latest jobs and updates on your email.
· Excellent English written and oral communication is essential.
· Excellent Word, Excel and PowerPoint skill is essential
· Strong communications experience highly desired, including writing, presentations, social media posting
· At least Five-years’ experience for bachelor’s degree holder or two years for MBA holder
· Experience in one or more of the following disciplines highly desired: project management, business management, systems improvement, budget management, financial analysis, control systems, facility management
· Experience in all or some of the following administrative areas highly desired: finance; human resources; supply chain; ICT; construction & facility management; hotel, catering & conferencing; liaison & protocol; and security
Duty Station: Addis Ababa.
Job level: 2C.
Monthly Base Salary: Birr 19,112 (Negotiable depending on experience, skill and salary history of the candidate)
Terms of appointment: This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position, initial appointment is for three years with the possibility of renewal, contingent upon individual performance and the availability of funding. The ILRI remuneration package for nationally recruited staff in Ethiopia includes very competitive salary and benefits such as life and medical insurance, offshore pension plan, etc.
The ILRI campus is set in a secure, attractive campus with dining and sports facilities.
See How To Apply Below
When you apply please notify that you found this job on AddisJobs.net
How to ApplyApplications: Applicants should provide a cover letter and curriculum vitae; names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to be included in the curriculum vitae. The position and reference number: AA/21/18 should be clearly indicated in the subject line of the cover letter. All applications to be submitted online on our recruitment portal: http://ilri.simplicant.com/ on or before 11 June 2018. http://www.ciat.cgiar.org Suitably qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.
44 total views, 1 today