Contract Admin and Logistics Officer Job at UNOPS
Admin and Logistics Officer Job in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Organization: UNOPS – United Nations Office for Project Services
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Grade: LICA-8, Local Individual Contractors Agreement – Junior level
- Occupational Groups:
- Operations and Administrations
- Supply Chain
- Closing Date: 2018-01-23
Background Information – Job-specific
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Head of Support Services, the Admin and Logistics Officer is responsible for management of the country office administrative team and effective delivery of administrative support services. He/she analyzes and interprets the administrative rules and regulations and provides solutions to complex issues related to administration. The Admin and Logistics Officer promotes a collaborative, client-focused, quality and results-oriented approach.
The Admin and Logistics Officer will supervise and lead the staff of the country office administrative team. The incumbent works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and project teams in the country office, UNOPS HQ staff, UN agencies and Government officials to successfully deliver administrative services.
1.Ensures management of UNOPS premises, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Overall management of office premises; follow-up with building owner regarding contractual arrangement/negotiation of office lease renewal in consultation with the UNOPS country office management team.
- Promotion of energy-saving and implementation of green office policy.
- Scheduling and monitoring of maintenance/repair/washing/painting work of the office premises and environment. Supervision of the cleaning and maintenance team to ensure effective and efficient services be provided
- Monitoring and ensuring the timeliness and quality of administrative tasks (e.g. cleaning and security guard service) on daily basis.
2.Ensures proper assistance to management on security-related issues, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Analysis and identification of potential issues related to security and proposal of strategies and options to management for review.
- Guidance and supervision to the security guards for safeguarding the staff and premises
- Preparation of quarterly Security Incident Reports.
- Update of security briefing note and briefing of staff and UNOPS visitors on security-related matters.
- UNOPS Staff List (including dependents) updated on a timely basis.
3. Ensures effective management of the country office administrative services and asset management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Monitoring and analysis of administrative services and recommendations for changes in policies, systems and procedures to ensure services are aligned with changing business needs and objectives
- Ensuring UNOPS administrative resources are fully and properly accounted for and that internal control systems are adequate and functioning.
- Assessment of expenditure in administration (office premises, assets, travel, etc.) for previous years; estimate of new requirements and preparation of budget plans for designated areas of work.
- Collaboration in the administration of common premises to ensure efficiency, cost- effectiveness and timeliness of operations and services.
- Negotiation of contracts with vendors and service providers to ensure cost-effective services and of quality and timely service.
- Preparation and monitoring of the team work-plans. Supervision and guidance to the staff in the administrative team, including the drivers’ team, handyman and Administrative Assistants, for satisfactory performance and client-oriented services.
- Supervision of the recording (inventory), disposal and transfer of office assets for the office; evaluation, on a regular basis, of the inventory status and transactions in the database, reporting anomalies and discrepancies for timely action.
- Efficient and effective cooperation among different sub-teams in terms of achieving results.
4. Ensures effective provision of fleet management services, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provide guidelines, instructions, and support to Drivers in accordance with the established procedures.
- Management of office vehicles and transportation service to ensure punctual transportation service is provided to the staff, UNOPS visitors and high officials on mission.
- Coordinate vehicle concerns, car condition and issues and oversee the repair and maintenance operation for all UNOPS vehicles
- Identify/coordinate training needs for driver employees.
- Track fleet usage, through the up to date monitoring of vehicle log books and maintain accurate inventory of equipment.
- Ensure the maintenance records for fleet are accurate and up-to-date.
- Addresses and updates triggers, system events and car history.
- Evaluates car condition, and escalates issues, as needed
5. Provides support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of training for the operations/ projects staff on administrative-related topics.
- Briefing/debriefing of staff members on issues relating to area of work
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in administration.
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the overall efficiency of the country office in administration management and success in introduction and implementation of operational strategies. Strategic approach to administration management, effective and efficient administrative support, and timely and appropriate delivery of services ensure client satisfaction and overall effective delivery of UNOPS programmes and projects.
- First Level University Degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) is required; An advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) is an advantage;
- Technical or Professional diploma or equivalent in combination with four (4) years of relevant experience can be accepted in lieu of University degree.
- 2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in Administrative management service, Fleet management, Asset management, Travel management and Security coordination. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2003 and/or newer versions).
- Fluency in written and oral English and Amharic language of the duty station required. Knowledge of second UN working language desirable.
|Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization.|
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.|
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture in the office
- Ability to advocate and provide policy advice
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting
- Ability to lead business processes in administration in accordance with relevant UNOPS rules and regulations.
- Ability to work at a consistently high level of accuracy
- Ability to lead implementation of new systems (business side), and affect staff behavioral/ attitudinal change
Management and Leadership
- Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Leads teams effectively and shows conflict resolution skills
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type:Local Individual Contract Agreement
Contract level:LICA 8
Contract duration:‘one year initially, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability’).For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
Background Information – UNOPS
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners’ needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
Get Jobs on Email. Join our list | አዳዲስ ስራዎች በኢሜይል እንዲመጣልዎ ይመዝገቡ::
Subscribe to our mailing list and get Latest Jobs on your email.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
How to ApplyIt is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks. Click Here To Apply
24 total views, 2 today